Chicken Liver Pâté
Liver is a superfood! Chicken liver pate is a delicious and easy way to get all the benefits it has to offer, including a good dose of vitamin A, vitamin D, many B vitamins as well as a variety of essential minerals.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 lb. of organic chicken liver (the more red, the better)
- 1/2 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter
Here's how to prepare your chicken liver pate:
- In a skillet, cook the onions, garlic and chunks of chicken liver pate.
- Add the red wine vinegar and seasonings and let cook at medium heat until most of the vinegar has evaporated.
- Let cool. Once cooled, put the mixture in a food processor, add the butter and processed until smooth.
- Serve on cucumber slices, eggplant crackers or use as a dip for your carrot sticks.
Sign up for the Paleo dietitian's newsletter below:
Ready to take the REAL food challenge?